3 January 2010

2009 Recap



I thought it would be a cool idea to have a look back at 2009, a little recap if you like of what was happening in my world! :)

January
I had just opened my current shop on Etsy so I was busy getting stocked up and working on my photo's (always something to improve on there!) I also made a resolution to blog more, I think I stuck to it :)

February
In February I started to move away from polymer clay and work with silver clay.  I ordered my kiln which arrived the day I went on holiday ( I nearly didnt want to go but stay at home and play with the kiln!)  I went to visit my mum in France, very cold but a lovely break away from it all.

March
I returned from my holiday and got busy with my kiln, yeah!  I also took part in Earth Hour turning all of the lights out for 1 hour.  I am a bit scared of the dark so I was sitting in the pitch black on my own with a couple of candles, good times!
It was also the month I discovered the awesome Shay Aaron and sadly Jade Goody died from her battle against cervical cancer.

April
I left all my pals at Lloyds TSB and moved back up to Northampton from Southend on Sea.  We used to move a lot with my boyfriends job as a pub manager.

May
In May I gave my thoughts on Precious Metal Clay while beavering away on new designs.  I was also cut off from the internet for a while when my boyfriend reclined the sofa on my laptop power cord.  Expensive they are too!

June
I went to York for the first time and loved it! we had lunch in the most haunted pub in Europe (apparently) I took a few photos but didn't capture anything :(  I have a slight obsession with ghosts and love all the t.v programs about them.  It was also the month of the very shocking death of Michael Jackson.  I have been fan since I was child so this was tough, MJ was a legend. RIP
I also had my first go with bronze clay and I joined the Etsy Metal Clay team.  The best thing I could have done, I love my team mates they are an amazing source of inspiration and knowledge.  Go EMC!

July
I had a nasty bout of flu, eugh, I think I was ill for about 2 weeks, not good!  It was also my sisters graduation, Dani graduated with first class honours so celebrations all round.  I also re-designed my cake topper website.

August
In August someone crashed their car into our pub below our bedroom window, that was one hell of a wake up call at 7am!
I also went to visit my mum again in France this time we took my boyfriends son James and this time it was also lovely and hot!
I also participated in my first charm swap with the EMC team.

September
I was really busy with the wedding season making cake toppers.  It was also the month my boyfriend got laid off work and we decided to up sticks and move to France! (as you do) A big decision but a
very good one.  Road trip!

October
September and October was not very good for me creative wise as all my studio was packed up in boxes still.  I think I went without creating for about a month, serious withdrawals there!

November
We moved into our own apartment, yay! This meant I was able to get my clay out again.  I bought a new desk from Ikea and got cracking.
I was also on the front page of Etsy, in the gift guides, featured twice on craft gawker, had 3 sales, bought a mannequin head and I got an ad on Regretsy!

December
Last but not least, in December I made new pieces, discovered some new favourite Etsy sellers and got some awesome Christmas Presents.

I am now set up for the New year and looking forward to what 2010 brings :)

3 comments :

whyte said...

What a great idea to do a yearly journal from 09 here! Especially for a new follower like me, get to "know" you a little better!

Elizabeth said...

Your silver clay work is stunning! I think you have found your calling. Love the silver daisies in the Etsy shop, simple, but striking.

Elizabeth in Texas

PeculiarForest said...

whyte- I saw this on another blog and thought what a good idea!

Elizabeth- Thank you very much. I think I am a bit addicted to making daisies :)